Friday 7 November 2014

And today yet again I realise how shit people/humanity can be. It was only a small action, where the boys convinced a stranger that N was interested in him, but this "joke" infuriated me.
why?
What do they have to gain from humiliating this guy? From making him believe that someone is interested in him so he can go and make a fool of himself just for their enjoyment. It is mean. Downright mean and cruel playing with someones emotions and self esteem, both already so fragile without filth messing with them already.
It actually saddens me without measure to know that even we, future doctors, people who are supposed to be spending the rest of their lives devoted to helping people, of feeling empathy and doing good are acting in this way.It makes me so angry that they can easily make a conscious decision not to do shit things but they just choose to do so anyway, because putting someone down is more fun. It really makes me lose hope when this is who I'm surrounded with. Knowing that these are going to be the people that others in society will one day look to for guidance and advice.
People are mean and I need to know that. I get  comfortable and keep forgetting how awful they can genuinely be but nevertheless there is always something that comes back to remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment